On-premise to cloud infrastructure continues to accelerate, and offers multiple benefits to organizations. The singular drawback is the difficulty in to discovering and controlling Configuration Management Database (CMDB)/Asset data for cloud infrastructure. What if you could leverage a discovery process and platform to fully enable in-scope data collection for your CMDB? Linium has engineered a process to do just that.
There are multiple available tools to collect and manage configuration data for cloud Configuration Items (CIs); however, no single approach can gather data for the many classes of cloud infrastructure. A blended approach includes:
- A blended native discovery and API-level integrations to provide a comprehensive set of data on your deployed cloud infrastructure
- ServiceNow Discovery and Service Mapping capabilities that provide native capabilities in a cloud environment, including server and network infrastructure, application discovery, and serverless application discovery
- ServiceNow can also integrate to the cloud hosting service’s configuration reporting via CMDB REST API to gather configuration data for storage services, serverless functions, ACLs, and other non-discoverables
Our engineered approach to managing cloud configuration data includes:
- Developing a scoping plan for each required CI Class, including ServiceNow CMDB data structures, required attributes, and available sources of discovered data
- Delivery of a physical design for required ServiceNow mid-servers, data centers to be discovered, provisioning of cloud service accounts, and other application-specific credentialing
- Deploying discovery and rationalize results into the ServiceNow CMDB
Learn more about Cloud Discovery and get started today!
Linium was named the ServiceNow Americas IT Workflow Partner of the Year by ServiceNow for delivering outstanding value in digital transformation, innovation, and customer success. Learn how Linium can help you elevate employee experiences and reshape the future of customer engagement.
Contact us at 518.689.3100 or fill out this form and we will contact you.